Sunday 22 March 2015

Things that make me happy...

Coming home to my dog, Bruno
This is probably one of the best things of having a dog. Even if you live alone or with your family or friends, whenever you come home, your dog would be the first one to welcome you. And no matter how tired or exhausted you are, you would suddenly jump up with happiness to play with your dog.

Waiting for my favourite show:
Every time the clock strikes nine, no matter what I'm doing, I would leave everything and switch on the idiot box (Or fight with my brothers for remote first) and change the channel to "Zee Cafe" to watch Desperate Housewives. I absolutely love that show. I know it'd be easier to just download the entire season on my laptop and watch it in a day but that would just ruin the fun. Waiting for my favorite show everyday is one of the many things that give me happiness because I know no matter what I do the entire day and how much time I waste and then, regret wasting it, this is that one hour when I can sit quietly in my living room and just enjoy watching my show. This is that one hour when I don't need to worry about my pending homework or exam preparation or the bad things going on in my life or anything else. I give myself this one hour to completely forget about the things that going on in my life and give my mind some peace because I know how important it is to spend some time alone or to meditate. So, this is how I meditate. 
Taking random silly pictures of my family members
And family members include my dig, Bruno too. Yes, I am obsessed with my dog because he's SO adorable. I love to see him play or sleep or do silly things. One of the things that I do is clicking selfies with him; selfies in which he always looks adorable and I am the one who has to try different angles to look good. :P



And besides my dog, I love taking stupid pictures of my siblings, especially my younger brother and my elder sister. I spend most of the time with my sister and I have this habit of taking her stupid pictures secretly and then sending those pictures to her on Whats App and see her reaction. This is so much fun and yet again, one of the reason to be happy.

Teasing my siblings
One of the happiest moments is when I pair up with any one of my siblings to tease the third one. Any two of us would try not to laugh on the third one's joke and to see that sibling go through the trauma of having to explain his/her joke is probably the funniest moment of the day. And when the joke ends, we would burst in tears of laughter. All my friends know that we are four siblings and every time I'd mention this, they would always say, "Oh Man! You guys are so lucky. You are four. You would never get bored because every time you'd want to play with someone, you'd have three people to play with. You guys can even play Dumb charades or UNO or anything." And this gives me happiness to hear such things because whenever I get bored, I actually have so many people in my family, I can ask anyone to play something with me. And it is not just about having someone to play with you, it is also about having someone to console you. Even if a day would come when I wouldn't have those "best friends forever", I'd not be lonely because it's not like I need a lot of friends when I know I have some amazing people in my family. :)

The thing is that there are so many things around us that are just wonderful and can give us immense happiness but people are so busy that they don't get time to realize the importance of these little things and the people who exist in their lives. We don't always have to be upset when we know that we have those things and people who easily bring a smile on our faces and make us happy. One doesn't always need to be lonely, upset or depressed. Even when I am alone, I'd write down my thoughts and even writing gives me happiness. And this is the thing we need to realize that "The luckiest man on Earth is the one who isn't afraid of its own company."


By
Simran Bharti
Follow me on Instagram @PrettyLittleVirtuoso for more daily product reviews, fashion advice, shopping hauls & more.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Must-Have Vintage Fashion Accessories At Rs 250 Only

Hi everyone, Vintage fashion is back and with the famous flared jeans, bell sleeves and striped sweater, we also have the classiest and c...