Tuesday 10 March 2015

Introducing change in our lives

Year 2008
This was a turning point in my life because during this year, I had no idea that my life was about to turn upside down. My dad had revealed the news that we were going to shift to Delhi but little had I known about the place we were actually shifting to. From a hygienic and reputable society, we then moved to the congested streets of Old Delhi and how things in our lives changed, completely changed our perspective about life. We shifted to the dump we had never thought of living in. The place wasn't that horrible but what was horrible was the crowd. The streets and that locality was completely opposite of what you call sophisticated, Yes, words like such didn't exist in the dictionary of those living there. From there started changing our lives as we continued to live there.
My entire family lived in that locality only, the place in Old Delhi where we had shifted. We had thought of moving to a better place but the news that we were shifting to Old Delhi was no less than a shock. None of us had thought of moving there. My father had been looking for a better place from the past two years but all the apartments were either small, congested or out of our budget. So, he had finally decided to shift there.
The changes that took place started from the day we moved in. First change was the change in my entire wardrobe because of the mere fact that I was a girl and the crowd there wasn't "sophisticated". My mom had thrown out every little piece of cloth I loved and she started with all my skirts and polka dot frocks. Then from my school's crowd where it took me little time to adjust and find few people I could spend time with during the school hours (not hang out because the thing "hang out" wasn't meant for girl there. The only place they were allowed to hang out was the nearby park. So, no hang out). And the revolutionary change in my father's mentality and the crap he learnt from the people of Old Delhi about "girls and boys being friends" was something that was very difficult to change (and let's be honest, still hasn't changed very much) because when our parents hear something related to the "world" and how it can affect their "children", it isn't easy for us (the "children") to change that mentality. So, slowly and slowly our lives begin to crumble and our frustration started building up.

January 2010
It had been two years and the incident where my dad read my diary and how I felt about moving to that place had taken place. So, again my father decided to get the hell out of that place. By now, I had made many good friends in that area and my best friend knew how much I hated living in Old Delhi. So, even she knew we were about to shift but I was little skeptical because my father is pretty fragile. He keeps on changing his decisions and his plans. So our chances of getting out of that place were pretty thin. I was tired of living in that area and I was craving for a better life, a chance to live my life properly and get my wardrobe back. I was eagerly waiting for the day we'd move out of that lace because there was nothing, except for the people I had met in my school, that I liked about it.
Every new year was the same and so were the birthdays. I wasn't allowed to go out or travel in Metro or hang out because I didn't have anyone to hang out with. I wanted so many thing from life and I needed a chance to explore the world. From the beginning, we had been shifting from one place to another and I had got used to the feeling of leaving old friends and finding new. This wasn't a big deal but when I heard the news that my dad had found the perfect place to move to and we were going to shift in April, I was extremely happy as well as upset. My friendship with my school mates had grown so string that it hurt to imagine being apart from them. They asked me not to leave.
But I had to be selfish. It's okay to be selfish sometimes because I needed a change in my life I was thoroughly tired of the way my life had become there and I wanted more now. I was craving for more. I was craving for better and hell yeah! I was optimistic.
When we finally shifted to Indirapuram, I was so enthusiastic to go to my new school and meet new friends (which I did after sometime). But this was a bold move for me. Earlier it was about leaving my childhood friends who only used to play with me but this time, it was about leaving people with whom I had shared every little detail about myself and my life; I had opened my heart to those people. Even though I hated the place but I loved my friends because they were all nice. No one there was mean or jealous of other's success and nobody bitched about their own friends, like people here do a lot. Everyone was kind. It had been very difficult for me to find such friends, Even now I wish how my life would have been had I not moved out of Old Delhi.
But the thing is I don't regret it because at that time, my freedom as more important to me than my friends. And I love the person I have become now because if there's anything I have become then, its wiser. I'm happy that I came out of that place and left the people I was close to because I needed change.

"Change signifies that we're moving forward, living better, and giving ourselves the chance to be the best we can possibly be."





By
Simran Bharti
Follow me on Instagram @PrettyLittleVirtuoso for more daily product reviews, fashion advice, shopping hauls & more.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Must-Have Vintage Fashion Accessories At Rs 250 Only

Hi everyone, Vintage fashion is back and with the famous flared jeans, bell sleeves and striped sweater, we also have the classiest and c...